RULES AND REGULATIONS
The students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that will reflect the integrity and professionalism of the school. Therefore, the following rules and regulations must be adhered to by all students. Any breach will subject the student to possible suspension for a period of time determined by the school director. The School reserves the right to terminate a student whose personal conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
1. Come to school as if you are going to work: well-groomed, conservative hairstyle, clean nails, etc. Wear white lab coat or jacket when working on clients.
2. Daily attendance is required. Any excused absences must be made up, and all absences must be reported to the office by 9:30 am the day of the absence.
3. Tuition payments are due in the office every Monday (or Tuesday for night students).
4. All students are required to work in a professional manner at all times.
5. All rules of Sanitation and Sterilization are to be followed. Students are responsible for their workstation. Re-drape treatment chair or table when you are finished. All supplies used must be replaced immediately. Waste baskets must be emptied at the end of each day.
6. No food, drinks, or smoking is allowed during class or in work area at any time.
Students are required to wear a white lab coat, with a cost of approximately $20. All students are treated equally and are required to practice good hygiene as a daily routine. A clean, professional appearance is essential in the school because of the nature of our work. It is important to maintain a sterile environment.
CREDIT FOR PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING
Credit may be granted for training in another state, country, or school. Documentary proof verifying work or school experience must be submitted prior to enrollment. Written practical tests will be given to the applicant provided they are properly registered at the school. The director will then administer the tests and determine what credit should be given.
TRANSFER OF CREDIT EARNED
The School cannot guarantee transferability of credits earned to any other educational institution. Any decision on the acceptance of credits earned at Florida Medical College is the sole discretion of the receiving institution.